NOSTE Gravimeters for Real-Time Monitoring give you Real-Time Value
Gravimetric control system (GCS) monitors the raw material consumption in real-time mode and compares it to the haul-off speed.
If any deviation of actual metric weight from its calculated value occurs, GCS corrects the speed of the extruder or the speed of the haul-off unit. According to the Customer’s demands and requirements, the GCS instrumentation and software are delivered either for single-flow or for multi-flow monitoring.
A basic GCS is comprised of the following components:
- Feed hopper
- Weighting hopper
- Metering valve and frame
- PLC with single user interface
- Line speed measurement with closed loop control
- Screw rotary speed measurement
- Measurement of screw output per one revolution(gr/r)
- Interfaces for upper level control and printer (optional).
Extron-Mecanor gravimetric system:
- Accurate and consistent dozing of main raw material and 1-6 additives.
- Easy maintenance and change-over for additive screws.
- Automatic correction of raw material dozing and extrusion speed.
- Gravimeter is made using standard components and integrated to extruder PLC.
- Flexible structure of the system ensures that there can be any number of components installed in one frame.
- Extron’s own gravimetric system ensures stability of work and high accuracy of mixing in different recipes.
- Raw material dosing directly into extruder’s feed zone to prevent separation of materials with different from main material weight.
- Servo-motors are used for each dosing component, synchronized with the speed of extruder and whole line. Real time surveillance
- Additional components can be installed after installation of line.
- Each material can be fed in amounts between 50% to 0.1%.